Dr. Malati Das

Former IAS Officer & Chief Secretary
Planning & Statistics

Dr Malati Das has worked as an IAS officer in the state of Karnataka. She retired as Chief Secretary. As Additional Chief Secretary, Planning and Statistics, she developed the conceptual framework, and managed the preparation of the Karnataka Human Development Report 2005. As Secretary, Women and Child Development, she developed a gender action plan for the state known as the Karnataka Women's Development Plan. Dr. Das has worked with the World Bank as a consultant in Ethiopia, Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bangalore, and currently she is an advisor with Janaagraha

Dr. S.T. Ramesh

Former DG & IG, Karnataka

Dr S.T. Ramesh worked as an IPS officer in the state of Karnataka. He retired as the DGP of Karnataka in 2011. He was the Central Intelligence Office, Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, Deputy IG CID, & IG Police Computer Wing & State Crime Record Bureau, where he digitized the crime record of Karnataka. He represented India for various overseas programs related to police & security, including the Atlanta Olympics, 1996. He has also received various accolades viz. the President's Police Medal for Meritorious Service – Independence Day 1995, President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service – Independence Day 2007
  • 18 days ago

I am new flat owner and want to pay property tax. But BBMP person is asking for 8000 bribe for property tax name change. Please help.

Posted on June 05, 2017 by Muntasir Ahmad

You can make a complaint in writing, enclosing any documentary or electronic evidence that you have, regarding the request for a bribe. Please give details regarding your request as well as the names  of the person's asking for a bribe. You could make the complaint to the Commissioner, BBMP, or the Anti-government Corruption Bureau Karnataka, Bangalore.

  • 21 days ago

Is there just one police force in India?

Posted on June 02, 2017 by Robin Zutshi

No. Each state has its own police force under the control of the government of that state. So there are many police forces in the country. Police that work in parts of India that are directly under the control of the central government like the capital Delhi, Chandigarh, Puducherry, Daman and Diu, Lakshwadeep Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Andaman and Nicobar Islands come under the control of the central government.

  • 1 month ago

Urgent Assistance please.I am going to pay Bribe to My Medical college's Professor for passing me on next 15 June.I dont want to pay a bribe and entrusting my law of the land to refuse.i have 2 que:How to proceed reporting?Q1 : Director of my institution is so powerful that i cant trust police for directly approaching .Q2 : What if College Discriminate or Harassment me during further course of my study?

Posted on May 22, 2017 by Ahmad Gani

You can send ypur plea to the Vice Chancellor of the University concerned to which this college is associated of the vigilance commission or Anti Corruption bureau if its a Government Medical college.

It is commendable that you want to take a stand against corruption. It is possible that the people concerned may not be happy with the state of affiars but you will certainly show your strength of character if you stand up for what is right.

  • 1 month ago

I, Dinesh Paymode have driving licence (MCWG) issued from Pune RTO. Now I want to upgrade my driving licence with LMV. But, since my current residential address (Pimpalwandi) comes under Pimari-Chinchwad RTO authority, I want NOC from Pune RTO to upgrade my driving licence at Pimari-Chinchwad RTO. Can anyone tell me how to get NOC for driving licence???

Posted on May 22, 2017 by Dinesh Paymode

Please check link :

for the detailed process and proceed accordingly. The concerned RTO is MH14

  • 1 month ago

What is the meaning of police powers?

Posted on May 18, 2017 by A Citizen

The police have all sorts of different powers, all of which are given by law and  they must use them only according to the procedure laid down in the law and regulations. So they can make arrests, carry out search and seizures, investigate offences, questions witnesses, interrogate suspects, disperse unruly crowds and maintain order  in society, but they have to do it strictly in the way the law lays down and not any other way. They cannot act just as they wish or want to. Any abuse of power or negligence of duty will amount to a breach of discipline, civil wrong or a crime and the police officer is liable to be punished.

  • 2 months ago

I needed a trade license for my eatery shop at HSR Layout, Bangalore. I filled the application form on 22nd April 2016 and paid the fees of Rs. 10,500. The Health officer is not coming for inspection and neither he is ready to give trade license. He told us to start the eatery without the trade license. What should we do?? Later on, he might come to ask us for a bribe.

Posted on May 06, 2017 by Mita Gavit

Please do not start the eatery without the trade license copy. Alternatively, you can contact Trademark Registration organization in Bangalore - MS Legal Associates located on No. 1419, 3rd Floor 5th Main, 20th Cross 7th Sector H.S.R Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102 , phone number - 088677 76777 with your specific issue as they are in the area. Also the list of Health officer . Also you can escalate the complaint regarding the particular Health Officer to Sri.Dr.Suresh ( Incharge ) M.O.H ( Bommanahalli ) 9448810129

  • 2 months ago

AP reorganization act 2014 says section 8 should be implemented in common capital hyderabad and the act was published as gazette.If the section8 was not implemented how should i proceed in court?

Posted on May 01, 2017 by VENKATESH

Please write in to our partner Law firm at email id:-

  • 2 months ago

What are the police supposed to do?- Monthly Question by our Expert

Posted on April 29, 2017 by DR ST RAMESH

The police force has several duties: it must prevent and control crime and investigate it properly whenever it happens. It must also prepare an honest, evidence – based case for the prosecutor to present at court. The police force has a responsibility for maintaining overall law and order and for this purpose also gathers information about what is happening in and around the community it serves.

  • 2 months ago

Can a complaint against a police officer be registered in a different state? Can a case be filled for misconduct, abuse of power, violence, excessive use of force etc against a police officer outside his jurisdiction?

Posted on April 25, 2017 by Akshay Kokala

1)  A criminal complaint shall be normally filed in the jurisdiction of the Police  Station (PS)where the crime occurs. In certain circumstances however, a complaint against any accused including a police officer may be filed in any part of India which would have to be transferred to the jurisdiction of the PS where the crime occurred for investigation.

2) If the acts listed by you namely, misconduct, abuse of power, violence  and excessive use of force constitute criminal offence under the Indian penal code or any n other law, yes a criminal case may be filed in any part of India. But the procedure explained at para 1 will have to be followed. 

3)If the misdemeanour listed by you does not constitute a criminal offence a petition may still be filed with a senior officer in the jurisdiction where it occurred for an enquiry and  taking disciplinary action depending on the evidence and outcome n of the enquiry. 

4)In the event the misdemeanour mentioned  by you has been committed by a police officer at a place other than the place of his  work, a petition may be filed with a senior officer in that jurisdiction who has to cause an enquiry into it and if allegations of misconduct are established prima facie, he shall send the entire records of the enquiry to the disciplinary authority at the place where the police officer is working for taking disciplinary action .

  • 2 months ago

Applying for trade license for clinic.The health inspector is asking for 15k for processing it.

Posted on April 22, 2017 by Raghavan


As the health inspector is harassing you by asking for a bribe, you can make a written complaint to the Municipal Commissioner, the Lok Ayukta and the Anti Corruption Bureau.