Dr. Malati Das

Former IAS Officer & Chief Secretary
Planning & Statistics

Dr Malati Das has worked as an IAS officer in the state of Karnataka. She retired as Chief Secretary. As Additional Chief Secretary, Planning and Statistics, she developed the conceptual framework, and managed the preparation of the Karnataka Human Development Report 2005. As Secretary, Women and Child Development, she developed a gender action plan for the state known as the Karnataka Women's Development Plan. Dr. Das has worked with the World Bank as a consultant in Ethiopia, Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bangalore, and currently she is an advisor with Janaagraha

Dr. S.T. Ramesh

Former DG & IG, Karnataka

Dr S.T. Ramesh worked as an IPS officer in the state of Karnataka. He retired as the DGP of Karnataka in 2011. He was the Central Intelligence Office, Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, Deputy IG CID, & IG Police Computer Wing & State Crime Record Bureau, where he digitized the crime record of Karnataka. He represented India for various overseas programs related to police & security, including the Atlanta Olympics, 1996. He has also received various accolades viz. the President's Police Medal for Meritorious Service – Independence Day 1995, President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service – Independence Day 2007
  • 1 year ago

How do I complain anonymously about a corruption? Whom Should i complain? Found out about black money of high value due to recent demonetization of 500 and 1000 rs notes

Posted on November 11, 2016 by Anonymous

Depending on the department pertaining to which the complaint of corruption refers ,you may file a written complaint to a senior officer of the department giving details such as date , time, place , office n name of officer involved in corruption. You may also file the same in ipaidabribe bribe. Com.While none can object to an anonymous complaint ,if you want action against the erring officer it is always better to file a complaint with your name , contact n mail ID.         In the case of black money referred to ,youmay share your information in strict confidence with a senior officer of the I T department or to an officer of and above the rank of a SP of CBI in your area.

  • 2 years ago

I want to buy a farm house in Mysuru but, as an outsider to the state, I’m worried that I may be cheated by the seller who may have mortgaged the property to someone else. This will create lots of problems for me, I think?

Posted on October 17, 2016 by Dheeman G

It is immaterial whether you are from this state or another when it comes to taking precautions when buying property anywhere. You can safeguard your interests by getting an Encumbrance Certificate (E.C.) for the property in question from the jurisdictional Sub Registrar, department of Stamps and Registration. An Encumbrance Certificate is a record showing registered transactions pertaining to a property. If mortgage, sale or any other deed in respect of a property have been registered, then they will be noted in the encumbrance certificate issued vide Form No.15. Please note: unregistered transactions will not be shown in the E.C.

  • 2 years ago

A police Constable visited me at my house and demanded Rs500/ for sending my pass port verification report. Fearing delay or mischief, I paid the bribe. What should I have done?

Posted on October 17, 2016 by Sahana P

The money demanded is unauthorized and a bribe. Please meet the DCP of your area and tender a written complaint. Please do indicate the date, time , place of the incident and the name of the PC and his  Police station  along with your name address and contact details. You are also at liberty to file an online complaint to Janaagraha at 'ipaidabribe .com'.                      

  • 2 years ago

At about 11:30pm last night I was returning home via church street after a few drinks with my friends driving my car. A police man stopped me and finding that I had consumed alcohol, demanded Rs 1000/.I told him I Was ready to pay the fine. He said the car would be seized and I could collect it the next day after completing certain formalities. I reluctantly paid the bribe and returned home ashamed and humiliated.

Posted on October 17, 2016 by Sachin G

Your position was compromised the moment you were found to have consumed alcohol while driving. Please do not drive if you have consumed alcohol. Please meet the DCP traffic concerned and the Additional Cp traffic and give a representation making sure you provide all the details such as the date, time, place and the name of the police personnel. You may also file an online complaint with Janagraha, if you like, at                                          

  • 2 years ago

I went to a police station in order to lodge a complaint of burglary in my house. I realized that even after 4 days my case had not been registered. I visited the Station again ad paid a sum of Rs 5000/ in an envelope to the Police Sub-inspector and the very next day an FIR was registered. What does one do?

Posted on October 15, 2016 by Rohit R

It is the duty of an officer in charge of a police station to register a case and issue FIR if a complaint discloses a cognizable offence. It is sad that bribe had to be paid to get a legitimate case registered. If a police officer does not register a case in a cognizable crime you have two options:           

  1. Meet a senior Police officer and tender a complaint.                  
  2.  Approach the jurisdictional court who may refer the case to the police station to register a case n investigate.                      

  • 2 years ago

My kids (and I!) love Nandini flavoured milk which comes in tetra packs. We buy the stuff from a neighbourhood store which charges Rs 1 more than MRP per tetra pack as chilling charges. I had an argument with the milk parlour owner about this. He must not charge more than MRP but he says he’s factoring the cost of electricity. I think I’m right and want to do something about it. Rs 1 per tetra pack is peanuts I suppose but it all adds up to a huge amount every month I’m sure?

Posted on October 15, 2016 by Jayanti K

M.R.P. stands for Minimum Retail Price and the store owner cannot charge more than the MRP by adding additional costs such as “chilling costs”. It is illegal. It’s great that you are taking a stand against this practice. Nandini is a product of the Karnataka Milk Federation, Bengaluru. You can contact Customer Care at the toll free number 1800 425 8030 (except second Saturdays, Sundays and government holidays).

  • 2 years ago

I bought a flat in Banaswadi, Bengaluru and I’m in the process of registering the sale deed. I’m clueless how I should go about this. I’ve heard scary things about the way registration can be delayed if a bribe is not paid. A friend says I must engage the services of an agent. It will cost a little extra but she says everything will go smoothly. Can I follow her advice?

Posted on October 15, 2016 by Tarun L

Absolutely not T.L. Both giving and taking a bribe are criminal acts under The Prevention of Corruption Act 1988. First learn about the procedures for registering a sale deed. Karnataka’s department of Stamps and Registration’s website Kaveri contains all the information you need regarding property sale registration. Hiring an agent or tout only promotes corruption and will add to your registration costs.